Saturday, May 8, 2010

blah

I don't have the energy or patience to post much (like pictures and my Leighton post) even though I am getting grief for not posting. (soon kel.. soon!)

so this is for sure not the happiest post k?

few things:

Daniel is speaking in sacrament for mother's day and me and the kids will not be there :( Leighton and I have some wonderful stomach bug and would much rather stay home and throw up then get to go hear him talk about me, his mom and his grandma :( :( :(

can you tell my great mood?

update with Ireland: went to the ER. stayed for 7-8 hours (can't remember, but we were not even home until past 2 am..... it was fun :(
Ireland had a cat scan- no sign of a crack in the bone or tumor..... GOOD NEWS! :)
bad news- still no answers.... possible cyst??? The dr that night had no clue why her head keeps swelling and causing pain but he did have a horrible attitude and talked bad about most people he deals with. Anyway he recommends we see a neurologist stat since her lil head keeps swelling still. he put in a call to a nearologist to get in sooner than the 1-2 month wait. so now we only have to wait 2 weeks to get called and can be seen within 3 days of that phone call. Glad we are on the priority list otherwise it could take a couple months!

Leighton goes in for surgery on monday. Not a big deal but want to keep it noted in my "journal" she has had 7 ear infections by age 9 months. She had tonsillitis 3 times in less than 2 months and her body does NOT respond to antibiotics for some reason. the pediatrician gave her 2 shots 2 different times that they normally give kids with meningitis... didn't help either. The 2nd time she went in for tonsillitis (only 20 days after she was last there for that) her throat was so bad it was bleeding :( :( ANYWAY she is getting tubes put in her ears, getting her adenoids taken out and we hope it helps so she doesn't need tonsils out at age 2. We know she is amazing and tough and will bounce back. Our hearts have broken time and time again with her being so ill and not responding to any type or dosage of antibiotics. So we feel this is our best (and possibly only option)

so that's it.... I am needing my beauty rest.... NIGHT!



Monday update: Leighton had her surgery this morning. She did really well (except when they decided to for sure take out the adenoids and inserted the breathing tube bc they had to give her an iv and more anesthesia she had some small problems) otherwise she did fine and is home sleeping and sleeping and sleeping!

Daniel gave his talk sunday and I heard it when he got home and I enjoyed getting to hear it. My ward gave all the moms a big loaf of bread- that was pretty nice.

we all seem to be doing well. Let's just get Lei all healed up! poor thing is all hoarse and snoring bad. When she gets up hopefully she will want to eat then I can give her some pain medicine she got prescribed as well as antibiotics.

Mother's day was awesome. We went out to my mom's house and my aunts and grandparents came (it was also my sister's birthday yesterday HOORAY!) so we had a big bbq/birthday/mother's day party!!

I love watching kids here but today having just me, my husband, and my girls home all day, with no agenda- it is SO NICE!! On weekends it is just us (and my sis of course) but we ALWAYS have plans and are always out and about. This is wonderful to have no plans- at all. Right now Dan and Leighton are passed out and Ireland is "cooking" me dinner in her play kitchen. I am going to go enjoy her now!!


No comments: