Friday, December 4, 2009

Naughty and Chubster

can you guess which one is which??  ha ha. cute story after the pics :)

We had our ward Christmas party tonight. I didn't get pictures of us there but I had Dan take some when we got home. 



Leighton is so chubby. I LOOOOVE it!! So many rolls. ha ha ha. So stinkin adorable! Ireland is also very adorable but she has some attitude!! I had a whole list of naughtiness but I forgot most. here are some moments I remember: 
 mommy-Ireland, you are being naughty
Ireland- yep, I are.       

oh and when I was taking Child Development courses, they told us not to call the kids naughty. So I REALLY need to work on that because she really isn't. She is a 2 year old testing her bounds... and my patience. I usually call her it when she is acting up but I end up laughing because she is so cute and funny.

She purposely dumps food on the floor and throws her crayons all over so tonight she was dumping her gold fish on the floor. I said Ireland, if you throw those on the floor I will throw them away! So she grabs a handful and gently puts piles on the floor. I kid you not!

last one that I can remember:
me- Ireland PLEASE stop playing in your ketchup.
Ireland (talking to herself) you naughty, no I not naughty, I nice. I happy!

See why I can never stay mad at her!

update: I remembered 2 more.
She got a new big girl bed and LOVES to jump on it, especially at bed time. We told her so many times to stop that finally I said if you jump one more time you will go in time out. So she starts bending her knees and slightly bouncing and doing anything but actually jump. Like with the fish, she knows how to still do the wrong act just making sure she does it differently then you asked. um... she is 2!! 

the other one is- she was in time out (which she loves! ugh) and I pretended I wasn't watching her she started tip toeing out of the hall. She was so quiet and sneaking out. 
ha ha ha ha I love her!

6 comments:

Dan Romney said...

See why I love my family so much!

Mandi said...

yeah but I totally sound like a mean mom. I just read that and I laughed but then was like... oh sad. hmmm. good thing she gets WAY more praise and love than anything!! ps dan, we love you too :)

Abigail said...

HAHAHA! She sounds just like Maddie! I love the literalism! It drives me nuts sometimes, but it's still cute!

Angie said...

ha ha ha! That's so funny. She sounds a lot like Gracie. I have never used time out! It's crazy but gracie has teared up and lost it so many times when other people mention time out for some reason. I'll have to text you later. I love the pics!

Mandi said...

Angie, I try to use time out but she just thinks it's funny. She even ASKS to go! And will put herself in the hall and do somersaults and lay down kicking her legs laughing her head off. She doesn't really do anything wrong enough for time out, but I am trying to teach her certain things are wrong. She knows, she just likes to push me :) ha ha

Kristina P. said...

I can't believe how big they BOTH are now!