Monday, December 28, 2009

I just... yeah

I have a blog post I am working on, but I keep stopping because I need to be in the right frame of mind. Then all these things keep happening that make me more mad and sad and I don't want to write something I don't mean. Although I must say far more good than bad is happening/has happened and I feel good about that. Since I use this as my journal I need to just get it all out before I forget. I will write it soon

but for now:

So... I am just curious... do/did boys wear hair bows back in the days? What in the heck am I talking about you ask? Well when Ireland was a tiny baby I had several (a little bit older) ladies ask if she was a boy or girl. Well anyone who knows me knows my girls always look very girly. Always. (well when I am in public :) ) So anyway i still remember once this lady asked to see Ireland- who had a pink bow glued in her hair, pink clothes and a pink blanket. This woman asks is she a boy or a girl. I pretend to fix her bow so she would see it. The lady looks right at the bow and says "Oh it has a pink bow on, it must be a girl!" so.... would a boy wear a blue bow? ha ha it just cracks me up. Even tonight Leighton had on a girly shirt ( I thought) a HUGE brown bow and pink socks and I still got asked if she was a boy or girl.
Anyway, I was just amused.

Oh and princess Leighton is now 6 months old. yes, really. It seems she should be a year since to me it is like she has been here for so long but then it seems I just had her. hmmm.

Well here are some Lei Lei facts:
*I can't go a day without someone commenting on how big she is. Even me and Dan! (well in her defense a lot of babies 6 months old are 18-20 lbs but they are also 25-27 inches long. no, little Lei is a whopping 24 inches-if she stretches. ha ha so she obviously will look EXTRA chubby) I love every single inch of her. I think chubby babies are the BEST!!!
* she is a squealer!
* she is SO DANG DRAMATIC. fake coughs, hysterical screams at random moments, she pouts, etc. so funny.
* She also is a super chill baby she just has to throw in little attention grabbers every now and then
* Since she has been sitting for a while, she advanced to the big bath tub.
* she also is in a bigger car seat. Especially because we are so sick of her car seat that you carry-ugh!
* She thinks her sister is the greatest thing ever. She just lights up and squeals and kicks her legs whenever Ireland is around.
* she loves to pull out her binky and keep putting it back in
* she jumps so much and so high in her jumperoo. How she gets so much air I will never know
*she loves green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes. basically everything I have tried. (huge change from ireland who still won't eat veggies) I also puree a lot of her food. My mother in law got us this cool baby food puree thingy and It is wonderful!!
*All the kids in primary love her and she knows it and tries to pull off all their faces :)
* She loves water and enjoys baths or showers.
* she gets on her hands and knees (and sometimes feet), and boy can she cruise!........ backwards!! ha ha just like Ireland did. she scoots around the wrong way!
* oh and she STILL won't roll over! she has ONCE. She just skipped right over it.
*she goes from sitting to tummy a lot lately

anyway, Leighton we sure do love you fancy face!

I can't believe how tiny she was! Here I am holding her and she couldn't be more than a week old here



now, my healthy and happy 6 month beauty:



oh hi. just sittin in a tent in the front room


come on in!




ha ha ha the vest looks massive on her! looks better when she isn't in the chair!
the end :)

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! She is the cutest little Chubster!

Dan Romney said...

Yep love all my girls!

Kristin said...

I think that people have just learned not to assume the gender of a child based on what it looks like or is wearing. Far too often have I said that a little boy is beautiful thinking it was a girl. Luckily, even baby boys can be called "beautiful" and it's not a huge deal! lol

Abigail said...

Cute!! People ask us all the time too if Ava's a boy or girl when she's in her carseat, wearing a pink hat, covered in a pink cozy cover. . . .I know back in the day baby boys wore dresses, but bows? and pink? I don't think so so much!

I love her chubbiness!! Like those Berenguer Lots of Love baby dolls! too cute!!