Monday, January 4, 2010

I just may

There has been a lot in my head lately and if I don't get it out I may just scream. Not really but it might be therapeutic. :)

I have had these thoughts for so long that I think now is the time to get out how I really feel.
I am not even sure where to begin.

Over the holidays I have had plenty of time to figure some things out. Since this is my journal, I will express it here. I can't keep apologizing for typing things that might offend someone. Read it or don't, just don't be upset with me for expressing how I feel. Over this time, I have tried to figure out who my real friends are (family or not). There are times I think things are ok with someone and then BAM I am proven wrong. Now I would like to believe I am a good person. I would like to think if someone had a problem with me- with things I say, do, or am going to do- that I would be a good listener and hear what one has to say. That who ever had the problem would come to me, Nope that's not the case. Seems time and time again, I am the LAST person to hear about what I am doing wrong. hmmm. Strange isn't it? I had a few of examples about how people have problems with me personally, with me having a baby(when I was pregnant with Leighton), things I might be doing that is MY BUSINESS not the people who choose to get involved and involve other people that it didn't concern to begin with, people who make me feel like I am a bad person for what I say, how I raise my kids, how I speak, if I go to sacrament every week, how my house looks, etc.
What it ALL boils down to, is I JUST DON'T CARE anymore. Why do I need to care what ANYONE thinks of ME?! I have spent my whole life worried about pleasing everyone, worried about whether my kids look cute, whether my house looks decent, worried about whether I am too loud, and say the wrong things, tell dumb jokes, sing off-key, etc. Why does it matter? Why do I spend so much time worrying what people think of me? Because I do and always have. I hate when someone is mad at me, I hate letting people down and I hate looking dumb/bad. But news flash: this is life.

I am not here to please anyone. My goal in life is take care of me, take care of my family. To provide service to those in need, to be a teacher, to do everything I possibly can to return to my Father in Heaven with my head held high with the fact that I know I tried my best. Right?My guidance counselor in high school gave me a necklace that says: PEOPLE MATTER, THINGS DON'T.
Sure I would love to have my house decorated all cute and always have nice clothes, and have all these movies, books, music, toys for my kids, but besides the fact that it's not always financially possible, in the end, I won't need any of it. In the end I will have my family. My jeep isn't the greatest and needs a ton of work but gets us where we need. My house is never spotless, I don't always have everything put away, but my kids are HAPPY and for the most part HEALTHY, and they are so smart and I love them so much and am glad that I can put off laundry to blow bubbles and watch barney for the 1,345th time. I have so few close friends. I have a hard time trusting people, and it only is getting harder. For my friends and family who are here for me, who don't JUDGE, don't criticize, who love me for me-faults included, who attend parties I throw, who listen when I vent, or even when get so excited about the tiniest things my kids do, for those who accept me: I say thank you. Thank you with all my heart. You are the reason I keep my optimistic attitude and you are the reason I still trust people, and in the end, that is all I need.

I had New year's resolutions and I always write them down and always have too many. I always forget them and never follow through because they were never things that would really help me in the end.

I want to be fit and healthy, I want to have energy to play with my kids and not get tired after "flying" Ireland around the house like 3 times and then I am exhausted, I want my body to heal and fight off the conditions I have. I want to have goals that aren't silly and ones that will mean something to me in a year. Our relief society said this: "Keep your New year's Resolutions down to one or two that will help you the most in the things that matter most for eternity. We can't perfect ourselves all at once." With that said, I will keep mine personal and strive for what I think is most important. You know that saying, "don't give up what you want most for what you want now". Smart huh?

Anyway, I have already forgotten some of what I had wanted to say. I do feel better though. Whenever I feel myself worrying about what other people think of me, I will keep my wise Father- in- Law Clive's advice in my mind: "if people are offended by you, then that is their problem." (sorry if I butchered that, it is just what I remember him telling me)
And every time I get down on myself or any situation I think of what my Mother-in-law Bonnie tells me every now and then: " this too shall pass"

that is the end of this, and it is now 2 am and I am so sleepy. I wonder if this will make sense in the morning? hmmm.

have a great day :)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish we lived closer so we could do things together. I think we'd get a long great. :)

Dan Romney said...

I love you Mandi, and I think your great. The "friends" that don't treat you like friends are not friends at all. And for people that judge because maybe this or that is a little out of place, should look into their own lives and see that they aren't all hunky dory either.
A saying I heard on my mission, if people expect perfection from you, we should be able to expect it of them.

Dan Romney said...

and just to clarify, I am no where near perfect, I make mistakes and incorrect assumptions all the time, and I will be the first to admit I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl it's Amber. You are one of the most genuine, sweetest, nicest person I have ever met. You are such a good mom and your girls are lucky to have you. I agree with every sentence in your post, and honestly, I really needed to read this today. I just got online a few minutes ago hoping to read some fun blog posts to make me happy. How I landed on your blog first, I do not know. But its EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Mandi, just keep doing exactly what your doing. You are being the best mommy, wife, sister, friend etc that you can be. Don't let anyone tell you different.
Love you always, Amber Snow
PS I miss you much, we need to chat soon <3

Kristina P. said...

I just don't understand why people weren't happy or supportive. You are awesome.

Kathryn said...

I also think you're great Mandi! Since we both got preggo with the girls, you have always supported me and helped me in times of need; I truely appreciate that and your friendship! You're right, this is YOUR life and like you said, the only one's you need to worry about are you, Daniel and the girls. I am the same way you are and care too much and I don't like how it makes me feel so I am with ya, I just don't care anymore! My father-in-law also tells me "this too shall pass" and he and your mother-in-law are right. If you ever need anything let me know! I am in VA right now, but will be home in a few weeks. And we REALLY need to hang out!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Tyler and Sheena said...

I just saw on facebook that you are going private. Stupid crazy people in the world that can't leave things alone. I want to keep up with you so add me to your list if you don't mind. tylerandsheena@hotmail.com

Jen R. said...

Hey mandi, I've been MIA for a while, thanks for inviting me to your blog again. I feel like when I was reading your post I met my best friend/ soul mate :) I think perhaps that these are not uncommon things to feel. When I got pregnant with JR I was actually scared to tell my parents because I knew they'd be disappointed I was having my kids too close together (they were less than thrilled when I got pregnant with Adelyn after only being married 5 months). Anyways, long story short, I love you, even though we've never met. People suck, they always have and they always will. You just have to find a couple good friends to make it through. And your husband and kids can totally count! OK I'm rambling...

PS. That anonymous comment that talks aout being more creative or whatever, I got the exact same one, word for word. Weirdos.