Monday, September 20, 2010

Fitness and such

Daniel, my sister Mekell, my cousin Carly and myself have started a journey together. A fitness journey. It is the Body For Life 12 week program. It is incredible and totally doable! I, on my own (before the 12 week program) have lost 17 lbs!! Mekell too has lost 17 lbs!! (well possibly more) We bought a treadmill and do work out videos regularly and attend the gym when we can. It is a blast and it feels SOOOO good to fit in all my old clothes again!! My goal was to be the weight I was at age 18. and I am one pound away from that. I say forget that pound. I am so proud of myself and I feel so good!

So with this 12 week challenge I am not looking to lose more weight I am looking to tone up. Get me some muscle!! Daniel's goal is to gain weight and lotsa muscle! (woohoo!!) Carly and Mekell each have their goals and together we kick butt!!

we are on either week 6 or 7.

I highly recommend the Body For life program!! We do the recommended workouts but also add in our own stuff and change it to fit our likes.

I feel so pumped and motivated! I am going back to my old dreams of wanted to be a personal fitness trainer. I want everyone to have this energy and positive self esteem. This is seriously a happy house over here!! It helps if you have someone to work out with you but I do know it is possible alone.

*** update: as of Sept. 24 my sister has lost 21 pounds and 15.5 inches!!!!!!! woooooo can you believe it?? So proud of her I can't stand it!!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, this is awesome! I will have to look into it.

Abigail said...

I did Body for Life about 6 years ago. It really is awesome. Though I recall there was one day that I couldn't bend my legs at all the next day. . . .