Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Best. Husband. Ever

really. serious. he is amazing. This is my valentines post. 

Daniel woke me up sat. morning and told me to get ready. When I was ready he told me to get my coat, phone and wallet. he said he had cleaned off and warmed up the car and it was snowing but I would be ok. (I was very confused at this point) He told me to go get in the car and I would know what to do. 

I got in the car and there was an envelope, inside was a clue. It was a scavenger hunt! ha ha.  YAY. I was still kind of confused and sleepy. All the clues had little riddles and hints that basically led me ALL OVER to different places that meant a lot to him. like my mom's house where he came to find me after we lost touch for a couple of years. (there my sister and her friend joined the hunt, except I had no idea they were in on the entire thing!!) I also was led to the salt lake temple where he proposed, to the place where we had our reception, place we had our first date , the first home we ever had together and then back home. 

It was snowing so bad so it took us over 3 hours!! but it was so fun remembering all the good, fun, and happy times. When I got home, the house was spotless and Ireland was taking a nap. He let me nap then when I woke up he had a HUGE/YUMMY breakfast made for me. 

I don't need to get into all the rest of our day and adventures. but the day ended with us making huge heart shaped cookies that turned out big blobs. but they were yummy blobs!

Well Besides being an amazing husband, he is the funnest, silliest, happiest daddy to Ireland ever!! she just ADORES him! I know Leighton will love him just as much!!

Here is just 2 cute pics of how much Ireland loves her dad:
everyday she asks him to push her around the house in her stroller. he does. every time. He always has time for her. He makes these race car noises and takes off fast and she squeals. awwww it's cute!


and this is MY FAVORITE PIC!! daniel was just talking. I don't remember to who or anything but look at her laying between his legs just watching him!!! love it!!!

8 comments:

Dan Romney said...

I Love my wife and daughter. I am glad that my daughter loves me the way she does, I hope I can be a good Dad to all my children. This was the first time I really did something that took planning on valentines day. I hope I can keep it up for years to come.

Carly said...

oh my goodness I love love love this picture of Ireland! SO adorable!! and wow is all I can say about your valentines day!! sounds like it was amazing :)

Kait said...

She is so cute I can't even stand it! And you have such a sweet hubby!

Kristina P. said...

You do have a great husband! And an adorable daughter.

Oh, and I'm excited you're coming!

JoAnn said...

That has to be one of the cutest pic I have ever seen! She is so cute.

Pincock Ohana said...

That is so sweet. Just little things that your husband does for you - matters. You are so blessed to have a wonderful husband and daughter. Thanks for posting a pic of your prego belly.

"Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife said...

K If any man is willing to take that much time to plan something then he is definitely a keeper. The picture of Ireland looking up at him is amazing!
Congrats on Leighton!

Kristina P. said...

Mandi, it was so good to see you again today, and meet your cute sister!

I wish we could have chatted more. But I did have my own, private meet and greet with you a few months ago, so I'm glad!

Does your sis have a blog?