Monday, January 3, 2011

Just rambling

I need to organize my thoughts here... don't mind me.

We have been planning a trip to Hawaii for so long. We were going to try for Oct. Then knowing last summer when we were going to try for baby #3 we decided I would be too sick still from morning sickness and wanted to get through the holidays. So we planned for March 2011. This has been a set plan for a while now. We decided to look into flights today and ended up deciding on a Hawaiian cruise instead! SO fun right?? We picked a cruise line... nothing for the kids to do. Same with every other cruise line. They needed 30 kids onboard to even HAVE activities.... even then Leighton would be left out... you had to be 3 years old for the "fun". The only cruises that had activities for kids was the ones you had to fly to Hawaii FIRST then take the cruise. um..... that's expensive!! PASS

So then we decide.... since this is all about the girls... let's do a DISNEY cruise!! yay!! we got Ireland watching videos of the ships, the characters, the fun! we got so excited. We were going to do Bahamas or Caribbean but decided on the Mexican Riviera. Wait.... you need to book HOW early?? Wait we don't get our tax returns (that's our $$ to go!) until NEXT MONTH. Not to mention the kids need passports??? yikes. I looked online. Kids passports: $105 EACH. oh it can take up to 3 months to arrive? um... I don't have that long. Oh yay we can expedite them... get them here in 2 weeks! no worries only $60 freaking dollars a piece extra do that. So all is sort of ok.... right? Sigh. nope. Disney cruise lines make you give your passport # 75 freaking days BEFORE . We don't even have 70 days until the cruise. The whole point was we wanted to do one big hoorah before I had baby. now what??

What to do that is so fun and so.... not sitting in Salt Lake... for all 4 of us.... including I will be 7+ months pregnant and in March-ish???? anyone? anyone? Eh I am stumped too :(


**update: I think I may have figured it out!! yay!! If only Dan didn't work until 1 AM I could run my ideas by him. ahhhh so excited. man I am brilliant.

2 comments:

The Bohman Family said...

Hope you found something fun and exciting to do!! I would love to do a disney cruise but that sounds a little complicated. sorry it didn't work out. Have they been to seaworld yet? We have gone the last couple years and it has been fun for the kids... we are going in March again. Anything to get out of Salt Lake would be fun though lol.

Abigail said...

Baah! Now You have me trying to figure out how to save enough money for a Disney Cruise, it sounds like so much fun! And in looking into them, they're really affordable for what you get. Thanks for the idea!