Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let's do this! (day 24)

I am so finishing this Blog challenge! I will. I know I will.....I hope I will :)

ok here is the challenge I am referring to in case any one doesn't know. Click here for that.

ok I am on day 24. The challenge: A photo of something that means a lot to me.




This is my unborn child. My little Princess. My Ashlyn.

Besides all the obvious reasons why she means a lot to me; I am lucky I get her at all.
You see I have health problems and when I was pregnant with Ireland, I was told because my Ovarian cysts keep rupturing it causes scar tissue and is making all my organs adhere together so I should be lucky to be pregnant with her and if I got ANY more kids I was LUCKY. They kept saying lucky. Well then when Ireland was about 9 months old I had a surgery where they found out I had endometriosis. Treatment: either a hysterectomy, a shot to make me go through menopause, a permanent- non reversible birth control... or try to get pregnant. Well duh!! We were already trying. So after 3 months of trying I was pregnant with Leighton. My dr. was SHOCKED! Endometriosis usually causes infertility PLUS my other before mentioned health issues. Well She was SUPPOSED to be here!!

so then Dan and I wanted to try for #3. I KNEW there was a huge chance I wouldn't get pregnant at all. I KNEW it would be painful. (with endometriosis, as soon as you get pregnant, the pain and symptoms subside. Well for me they don't. At all) I knew IF we got pregnant it could take months of trying. We were aware and prepared for that. Well if you can believe it I got pregnant our very first time trying. Once again the Dr. was shocked. Sounds like God knows something the doctors don't ;)

anyway the point is this is yet again a miracle baby to me. She will probably be our last as my body gets worse and worse with each baby. I have more issues now internally then when I started and that breaks my heart but I need to be grateful I have 3 children. Be grateful they are happy, healthy and smart and developing as they should.

night!

No comments: