Monday, May 23, 2011

a little bit of Q&A

I am so sick today. :( My in laws have the kids and I am just laying down and bored as I can't sleep right now. I remembered this survey type thing I did with each of my girls so I thought I would do one for this baby. Helps me too since I forget everything, this way I can look back and remember the small stuff.

not sure why the colors and font are all weird. hmm. anyway...



Childs Age?
8 days


Name?
Ashlyn Dawn Romney


Birthday?
May 15, 2011


Time of birth?
10:08 pm


How long did labor last?
well from the time my water broke to the time she was born was less than 2 hours.


Who was in the room when baby was born?
besides the medical staff, it was just Daniel


How long did you push?
hmm... I pushed 4 or 5 times. not sure how long that took.


Weight?
7 lbs 13 oz. so big compared to my other girls!


Length?
19.5 in.


ANY HAIR?
lots of brown hair

Who does baby look like?
not sure about me or Dan but she does look like an exact mix of her sisters


Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant?
23 lbs (I randomly gained 7 lbs my last week or so which happens in all my pregnancies)


Have you lost it all?
all but 8 lbs. I thank breastfeeding. :)


Was baby early or late?
she was 13 days early


Who drove you home from the hospital?
My husband


How many baby showers did you have?
0

When did baby start sleeping through the night?
she is a week old, she doesn't yet.


Did you breastfeed?
I do, yes. First kid I was able to make milk for. I am very pleased


Who keeps your baby the most?
I do.

How did you pick the name?
my friend Angie had a blog called Ashlyn's attic and when I saw that I fell in love with the name Ashlyn. This was years ago. When it was time to pick names for this baby, I had a whole list of names I was in love with but in the end Ashlyn was my pick. Without telling Daniel that, I showed him the list telling him to see if one stood out. He also picked Ashlyn. :)


How did you know when it was time to go to hospital?
well I don't have regular contractions in labor. Didn't with any of my kids. My mom didn't, my aunt didn't and since I don't I went in a couple times just to get checked. The day I had her I actually went in because my eyes were blurry, I couldn't see and my heart was racing and I was way dizzy. So I actually just went in to check my blood pressure. Surprise it was time for a baby!! Good thing I went in huh? I wouldn't have known.


Did you go home or somewhere else when you left the hospital?
straight home.


Anyone spend the night with you first night home?
yep, daniel

Did you cry the first time you held your baby?
no, which is weird. I cried with my other 2.

Who cut the cord?
Daniel


Where was the baby born?
the hospital


Did you video tape the birth?
nope

epidural or natural?
natural. (I did NOT want natural. I am an epidural girl. sometimes you don't always get what you want...)

Are you happy with how things turned out?
no but in the end I got my baby and that is all that matters


Do you want to have another?
yes and no. We are saying we are done but in my heart I always felt I would have 4 or 5. We will see how we feel down the road





1 comment:

Kristin said...

I loved reading that! :D