Saturday, January 3, 2009

Are you kidding me?!

I swear only weird slash bad slash ridiculous things happen to me. This one is so random and dumb its actually funny. 

On Monday (or tuesday, I can't remember) my sister and her friend came over to watch a movie. It was so funny and we were having a good time. We pause the movie so Daniel and I could go put ireland to bed. We were in the middle of singing to her when the power went out. Ok, fine. we just kind of hung out waiting. The girls joined us in the room. we laughed and played and put Ireland to bed. we called the power company to find out a duck had flown into the power lines and burned the wires. it would be a while.... sigh. after so long the girls headed home. We would continue the movie another night. 

So with new years and all we FINALLY got together last night (friday) 
The girls say they are on their way. As I am waiting the power flickers. A few minutes later it flickers again. I told daniel, I would die if it went out when the girls are almost here! I go upstairs to tell my mother in law the power outage story and she said the power transformer up the street blew up. they saw blue light that filled all the windows and thats why it flickered. my father in law called 911 and within minutes the fire trucks and all were there fixing it. 

ANYWAY the girls come I tell them the story and we laugh at how BAD that would suck if it happened again. So...we are watching the movie. We actually started it ALL OVER so Daniel could watch it. Once again we stop to put Ireland to bed. I keep joking with the girls that the power will go out. Probably said it enough times to annoy them :)  

We are enjoying the movie, laughing our butts off and........................ THE POWER GOES OUT!!!!! I am not kidding. HOURS after the initial flicker. We are in shock. we play in the dark, laughing and being silly we decide to call the power company at midnight. Apparently when the transformer blew up it was from the other power company and their pole landed on our pole and hours later MAY have been the reason it went out. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! lol lol lol

this is too funny. What a joke. The girls visited then ended up going home around 2 because they (the power company) said it could still be 3 more hours. sigh. Guess the movie is cursed. :) :)

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is so the kind of thing that would happen to me!

And I LOVE the new blog look! Those pictures of Ireland are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh man that was definitely crazy. But it was so much fun. Lets attempt to watch the movie again tonight and see what happens.

Leilia and John said...

omg mandi... so do you mind me asking what that dream was about.. kind of freakish that it wasn't good! i'll start making plans to come down.. LoL! i'm so serious though.. my new years was fun.. how about yours?!

"Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife said...

That is so exactly my luck!

Lisa said...

You are so funny! Love ya,
Your Auntie Lisa up in ice land Washington

Dan Romney said...

Yeah, it was definitely starting to remind me of our car, there are a few things around us that seem to be cursed. "BE gone with you evil Spirit." (as he slams a palm to the possessed ones forehead) Well I guess we should start getting used to it huh.

Elise said...

That is funny but weird. That movie is cursed. It is probably a good idea to not watch it for a while so the curse will go away:)

Kristin said...

lol I love this post, Mandi. You make me laugh!