Friday, April 3, 2009

HOORAY!!!

So.... Miss ireland is 18 months old today. That in itself is exciting. BUT we are so very proud of her! She is learning to use the potty. We bought her a little one that just goes on the regular toilet and was just going to get her used to it and have her try. (I know quite a few people whose kids were potty trained or close at or around 18 and 19 months so I KNOW it is possible) 

anyway, We started today, and she totally peed in the potty!! YAY!!  

now I know she may not completely get it right now, but she did do it, she saw it made mommy and daddy proud and she catches on to things quick. We will not force her and she actually likes to sit up there so this might be a great thing. (It doesn't hurt that I helped potty train 6-9 kids a day at a daycare for almost 2 years) 

ANYWAY... that's all I was just excited and had to share!!

3 comments:

Dan Romney said...

I don;t care what any of you say, my daughter is the best, And my wife for knowing how to do the whole potty training thing.

Erica Hanks said...

It's a huge big deal!! WOO HOO! You go baby girl!!

Abigail said...

That's fabulous!! I hope it goes more smoothly for you! It's up and down for Maddie. She did use the potty once on Sunday. Otherwise she's refused to use it for weeks. She also refuses to acknowledge when her diaper needs changing. . . .