Wednesday, April 1, 2009

There is not even a title good enough to describe this yucky day. :(

Have you ever just had "one of those days" where you really want it to be good. But thing after thing happens and you're so frustrated with everything?

yeah, that's how I feel today. But thank goodness for two girls who tried their best to make me happy today. Two of my sisters. I love sisters. They are possibly the best thing ever. I am talking about my sister Mekell and sister-in-law Chelsea.  

I had plans with Chelsea today and stuff happened that normally would have made todays girls day not happen and I cried a lot and Chelsea took me to lunch and we got to laugh and talk and vent and just be girls and enjoy time out. I needed that!!

then  later I text my sister and told her today wasn't so good and asked her to please give me a reason to smile. She text me a nice list of why I should be happy. And the best part of the text: she said I look great today. lol she hasn't even seen me today. oh, that girl keeps me sane I swear. 

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of family and friends who I love and make me happy, but those 2 helped me survive today. And its only 4pm. so there is still hope for an ok day??


I decided to make a list of why I should be happy:
*I am alive. That's good right?
*The snow stopped. (for now)
* I am an awesome mom. I mean I let my kid eat every single piece of food covered in ketchup since that is the only way to get her to eat anymore. And I got her hooked on her binky when she had stopped showing interest in it when she was 3 months old. but it keeps her from screaming in the car or store. And somedays she stays in jammies til 3 pm, and sometimes if she doesn't have time for a bath, I just slather in yummy baby lotion so she smells clean LOL
*I am almost in my 3rd trimester, which means my nesting instinct should kick in which means I MAY one day have a clean house.
* and the last reason I should be happy is my birthday is coming up and everyone loves birthdays right? 

1 comment:

Erica Hanks said...

I'm so sorry you had a crappy day! I hope your evening went a little better! HUGS!!