Thursday, November 11, 2010

Makes me wonder

here is my gripe for the day:

So as I said a couple posts ago I have gone through 2 and a half prescriptions of Zofran for my nausea. (the first one that was half way full was actually left over from my pregnancy to Leighton. Yes they were expired. sue me. I was desperate) So I haven't quite got my insurance figured out yet. Lame I know, I am working on it.

Since I didn't have insurance, Walmart (uggggh) charged me $70 for EACH time I got Zofran. For GENERIC! well I hit ten weeks and I stopped getting sick. hooray! Good thing, I ran out of meds and didn't have money to refill. After I went to the Emergency Room couple weeks ago they gave me a prescription for under the tongue Zofran. what is this beautiful, magical medicine no one has told me about before?? This would have saved me so many pills that I threw up each time I took one. ANYWAY I started getting morning sickness back and needed meds. I called pharmacies for a price to get these 10 magical dissolving pills and I started calling ANYWHERE but Walmart. Rite Aid tells me for generic, ten whole pills it is 110 bucks. uh no. I call Smiths 23 bucks, getting better! I call Costco..... $11. BLESS YOU COSTCO!!!!

So Dan goes to pick up my meds and when the pharmacist tells Dan the total, Dan says "you know Walmart charges almost $80 bucks for these" the man sticks out his hand and says "welcome to Costco"

can you believe it?!

makes me wonder who else is getting ripped off on out of pocket prescriptions...

that's it for now. Just dissolved one under my tongue and have hope now for the rest of this morning sickness.... which should really be called random, any time of day sickness that can last hours. :) just sayin

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I know $70 may not seem like THAT much money as some people may have to pay more even with co pays, but to us it seemed ridiculous when I found out a friend had the SAME prescription and got hers for like $4 out of pocket from a different pharmacy. Also that's a lot of money to take a pill to keep you from getting sicker then within minutes you throw it up. Wasted meds left and right. So THAT is why I complain about the cost :)