Friday, April 1, 2011

Smile and pretend you're ok

I don't know how Army wives do it. Or wives of husbands who leave for long periods of time for work or school or things like that. I am being such a baby but really am having a tough time. I KNOW it could be worse and that my situation probably is lame but it still sucks for me. In almost 5 years of marriage I have been away from Daniel at the most a weekend. Even then I had a 2 week old baby, a one year old and strep so I had help and I slept the whole time.
This is a little different. Daniel left early to St. George. He has a great job working from home but when we move I will no longer be watching all these kids. So he went to find a part time job to fill in the financial gap. He has been gone 11 days. His Birthday is Wed and we won't get to see him. He will be home on the 8th for 4 days and he leaves again. So then he will miss my Birthday, ANOTHER one of Ireland's dance recitals. Through all this I am pregnant, miserable, watching kids 11 hours a day then having my own beautiful babies to love, raise and cuddle with. I am cleaning and packing to move, plus dance class for Ireland, grocery trips, dr. appointments. Alone. It just sucks. after the 4 days he is here, he leaves again until I go into labor at the end of May. I will call him and he will try his best to race the 4.5 hour drive to get here in time. He will love on baby, then move our stuff to St. George, come back, grab us. THEN we can be together as a family from then on out!

Maybe it's just pregnancy hormones and I will look back and laugh. Really I will laugh for sure. ha ha. Maybe not.

Single moms are my heroes

This was a good vent.

Have a lovely day

ps. Thank you to my mother in law and my sister who DO help whenever they can! Your kindness does not go unnoticed.
Also, thank you to my amazing husband who works his butt off to make this work for us. To make sure we have the money to survive when we move. Who has to be doing all this without seeing his daughters each day.
Also- thank you to my brother for giving Daniel a place to stay.
Thanks to my mother for letting me text her multiple times a day with my complaints. :) and always giving me good advice.

See I don't have it so bad. I have a lot of good people on my side who help and get me through tough times. Hooray!

No comments: