Sunday, July 27, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!



oh wow, here is a way long post about the last 3 INSANE days!! really, now. As usual, I posted a ton of pics. But I really did not do as many as I normally would. weird, I know. especially since it is  3 days worth, but I was actually so busy that I didn't always have time to take pics. *gasp* it's ok, I will wait. ha ha. anyway the first pics are at the Days of 47 parade, that is a huge family tradition. which is so nice to have. It's the 24th day of July, this wonderful Utah holiday. Daniel got that day and Friday off -paid! sweet! Anyway. don't worry that ireland is wearing the EXACT same thing as her 4th of july pics, but hey my mom got her that outfit, and I wanted her to be patriotic.








We have been going to the parade my entire life. My family has even been going since before I was born. I know to some it is boring or silly. But I love tradition, and now Daniel and I can share it with Ireland! Honestly, there are only about 3 things that I love most about the parade. let me share them:

#1.

the motorcycle cops! now I am not sure why I still love it so much, but the show they put on is fun. But the state troopers are my favorite, and  almost all of them wear fake mustaches. the bigger, longer, the faker, the better


#2.
See for yourself. I get so choked up and proud as they march by, it is unbelievable. look how many!! I love standing, and just clapping to show support. Ha I am so emotional. It is so neat



#3. My absolute reason for going to the parade:
Our prophet. Thomas S. Monson. How could you not be excited? Also to be outdoors, with that many people around, and just have him ride in the car, wave, not say a word and be able to feel the spirit like that. wow



Then after the parade, we finished up with another family tradition, meet at arctic circle for lunch and ice cream

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow! You guys are busy! I love Ireland's little bikini, and you look great yourself! No way am I taking pictures of myself in my swimsuit.

I've never been to the Days of '47 parade, but it looks like a fun time. Oh, and I now own "Penelope." Great movie, plus, I'm in love with James McAvoy.

Kristina P. said...

Mandi, I love your blog. The great thing about SSB is that it makes fun of all of us. There are definitely aspects of that blog that are like mine, and I just have to laugh. And I don't think that blog makes fun of all Mormon blogs, but ones that are just ridiculously over the top. The blog I was talking about in my post is just like SSB. THAT makes me puke.

I spent about 35 minutes today, reading your past blogs. I definitely wouldn't do that if I didn't love to read about your life, and your completely adorable daughter. I'll continue to update if you do! :)