Monday, July 28, 2008

worst/best

So, I am going to give myself the worst mother of the year or the best mother of the year award. but I can't quite decide. let me explain:




I am not going to go into details, but Ireland managed to get into something that has milk in it-she has a severe milk allergy- and tonight she ended up pretty dang sick and in a ton of pain. She doesn't scream like that, ever. unless she is hurting-from milk. Which has not really happened much since I stopped nursing because I can control better what I feed her. Well no. she got it, and was hurting. 


Now... daniel says I DON'T get worst mother of the year award because I didn't intentionally feed her it, when I knew it had milk.  but come on, for me, I feel horrible!!


So here is why I get: 


award. Because since she got into the food in my care, plus she is my kid, plus I love her, plus I hate to see her in pain, I felt the need to give her EXTRA loves and comfort her. So we always had a hard time comforting her back in the day when she got sick from milk, nothing ever worked. My plan: give her tylenol,  and bring in her stroller, and push her in it until she calmed down. it worked!! yay. so I may have somewhat fixed a terrible situation. After Daniel and I took turns (thanks babe!) pushing the stroller through the house, I rocked her until she fell asleep. HOORAY! So far so good, she did not get a lot of the food, which helped so much!! anyway, thats all. 

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I vote for World's Best Mom. These things happen! I hope that she's feeling better and is as cute as ever!

AngieDoodle said...

I also vote for that! Worlds best! Worlds best!