Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just some thoughts

So daniel, myself, and ireland went out to visit with my dad, and his wonderful wife Rosalinda. It was such a fun visit. And i just realized how much fun it is to be married and to have someone who cares so very much for me. my dad and I went together to the gas station to buy some drinks for everyone and he just went on and on about the things Rose does for him and how she worries so much about him in every single thing he does. Also any time my dad leaves the room, Rose ALWAYS gushes about my dad and how much he means to her. And that is so neat that they talk like that about each other. She also told me tonight that my dad and her were talking earlier about daniel and I and was saying that marrying daniel was like winning the lottery. Meaning he is like a miracle. That he is so sweet, and wonderful and sincerely kind to people. As she told me this, I was completely agreeing. She kept telling me how cute we are together and you can tell the way Daniel looks at me, that he loves me. It made me feel so good inside! I mean for sure we definitely have our tough moments. And I mean TOUGH but we are 6 days away from our 2 year anniversary! I heard that is the hardest part, the first 2 years, and we made it! Also my next thought is our daughter. I mean OBVIOUSLY I love her so much and am so proud of her and think she is perfect. hence all the photos and blogs about her. She is so tiny and small but already has the biggest heart. She is so pure and innocent and so humble. She has seen nothing but good in the world so far and the only reason i am terrified of her growing up, is I don't want her to see the bad in the world. I don't want her to know different than the way she sees things now. You know? I was sitting outside with her about a half hour ago waiting for daniel to get back from the store. She was standing facing me, holding my hands. I looked at her and realized, just how lucky I am to be her mom. I am a mom!! To a person, a tiny person,  a daughter of our Heavenly Father. who trusts us  to raise Ireland as as our own. How special is that??? 
   wow, I wrote a lot. But I just had so much in my head. I am sure I could keep going, but I probably would get more personal and more emotional, so I will go. I love this blog, because I can say and do what I want without having to write it out on paper. I love it! 

1 comment:

Elise said...

Hi Mandi. I GOT THE EMAIL!!!!! I am glad that we had a test. I think that sometimes the email doesn't go through. I am just happy that I got the email.